Interesting new Swedish portable raft concept running on Kickstarter. Three kilo raft running PU bladders in a Cordura shell and proper IK valves.
Looks narrow and long in the video so most suited to flat water use, but using a pump (as opposed to an airbag) to inflate the cat hulls, it might be quite nippy. What is missing IMO is seat or backrest: a way of bracing for paddling efficiency (unless it’s luggage). Looks a similar idea to this Russian design on the right and left..
- Paddling to Brighton
- Gumotex Twist on the Tarn Gorge
- IK&P Picture of the Week
- Do you need a deck?
- Seawave Rudder MkII tested
- Inexpensive packboat rescue and survival aids
- Seawave – Oh Rudder, How Art Thou?
- Tested: Honey woodstove
- Gumotex Seawave – MYO rudder
- New Safari 330 XL and Halibut from Gumotex
- iSUP: a new way to get in trouble at sea
- 2016 Seawave with rudder option
- A quick one before lunch
- Arisaig Overnighter
- Kayaking Mull & Iona
- My Tweets